Monday, November 9, 2009

Dear You. 003

Dear you,

While I understand you have no issues with people just stopping by unannounced, I do. You may have called, but I did not answer. Intentionally. That one unanswered phone call should mean that you should try again later. Or even better, wait for me to return your phone call. It never means that you should just drive over to my house. Never.

It's not the first time you've done this. Most definitely not the last. Unfortunately, you make me want to move just outside that limit of where you are willing to drive. You've made it quite easy though. If I add a bridge into the route to access my home, you will no longer arrive there unannounced. Fantastic idea if it weren't so damn far away from everything I enjoy doing or even hate doing, such as going to work each day.

I understand you have little or no boundaries. I also understand it seems to be impossible for you to care about anyone else but yourself. However, some day, when 20 people show up at your house unannounced, you'll know who sent them. And you'll know how much it sucks.

Oh-So-Happily-Yours,

Me.

6 comments:

Sara's Whimsy said...

I had that happen just a couple of weeks ago! A guy called me twice and I ignored it. Then he pulls into my driveway!!!! OOOOOOO I was peeved!

Sarah said...

stalker mentality. Scary!

Holly said...

i just love your Dear You posts... now it has me wondering if i ever stopped by unannouced anywhere :-/...

Ley said...

Sara's Whimsy: They just don't get it. On top of that, they feel that they have the right to be upset with you normally.

Sarah: So true!

Holly Ann: Things like this happen to me all the time. I'm convinced it's so I don't piss people off as much as they piss me off. And you should try writing them sometime. It helps!

blognut said...

Is my mom bothering you again?

I'm so sorry. I'll tell her to stop.

Only... she doesn't really listen to me either. :)

Sarah said...

That's the worst, Over Z! I vote you send 20 pizza delivery guys over to their house footing 12 pizzas each...for them to pay for.

Hey my blog is moving - hope you'll follow me over...

http://moxiefab.blogspot.com

I'm joining your turf!