Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Halloween VS. Christmas

People have started decorating for Christmas. I've seen the wreaths that go up on streetlights as well as the gaudy lighted candy canes that hang from trees around my city. There are lit city trees and sections in grocery store lots being set-up for Christmas trees. And finally, one of the people that works under the fiance already got his Christmas tree. Trust me, I cried a little.

Meanwhile, my Halloween decorations are still standing strong. Our cemetary like front yard is still holding it's own with it's the creature hanging from our gutter and caged mutant thing hanging from our front light. How's that for Christmas spirit?

We live in a cul-de-sac and the house across from us has their nativity scene already set up in all of it's glory. I sat outside yesterday comparing the two battling decorations and obviously thought ours was much more thoughtful. Not to mention, not too damn early for the holiday it's celebrating. Christmas should not be decorated for until December. Let me have October and November for my Halloween decorations. December can have Christmas. If I get around to it. By the way, decorations are not needed for Thanksgiving.

As of right now, I think I'm going to try to outlast their Christmas decor with my Halloween decor. So come February, I will have a creepy snowy graveyard in my front lawn when everyone has those damn little pink and red hearts everywhere.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

good luck with the valentine idea. i imagine poeple will have a fit. :)

Lifestyle Lookbook said...

Bahaha that's awesome! You should sneak into your neighbours' property and start to add halloween decorations to their christmas ones...although if yours is the only house still with a caged mutant out the front, it may be pretty obvious where they came from...